Below are the steps that we will follow if we have a positive COVID-19 case in one of our schools:
- The Converse County Emergency Agency will notify the district and put out a public notice of the positive COVID-19 case which will include the name of the school affected.
- The school district will notify parents/guardians and staff of the positive COVID-19 case using our notification system, School Messenger.
- The school district will post the public notice on the district website and social media pages.
- To protect the privacy of the individual student or staff member, the school district will not provide any additional information.
- The Wyoming Department of Health in collaboration with the Converse County Public Health will conduct a contact investigation. If you are not contacted by either of these two agencies, you can assume your child did not have the types of contact with the positive case that would warrant a quarantine.
If there is not a public notice or official message from the school district, then there has not been a confirmed positive COVID-19 case within any of the schools.
The district will be as transparent as we can while protecting the privacy of our staff and students.
All positive COVID-19 cases are ordered to isolation for a minimum of 10 days or until they are symptom-free. Those who have had direct contact with a positive COVID-19 case may have to be quarantined depending on the length of and kind of contact. Quarantine lasts 14 days. Secondary contacts, or contacts of a contact, are not being ordered to quarantine at this time. Information about students or staff members who are quarantined will not be shared.
Students ordered into isolation or quarantine will be educated via adaptive learning (classroom-based virtual education) to keep up with their school work until they can return.
All of us are being asked to monitor our health carefully and to be vigilant about identifying COVID-19 symptoms. Please stay home if you are not feeling well and screen all students at home before school.
Thanks so much for your cooperation, for working with us to provide a safe environment so our kids can return to school in person. It takes all of us working together to make this situation workable. You are appreciated!