Converse 1 – Device Agreement
This agreement for home use of a district-owned device is between the parent/guardian or student (in the case of an unaccompanied youth situation) and Converse County School District #1 (CCSD#1) for a technology device deemed necessary for educational use. Devices include but are not limited to iPads, computers (laptops, Chromebooks, etc), and any other assistive technology device deemed appropriate for home use by CCSD#1. Rules and guidelines for home use include the following:
- As all sent-home devices are property of CCSD1, they are intended to be used as educational tools.
- CCSD#1 is not responsible for internet use performed by a student. Parents/guardians need to be present during the device’s operation to ensure the student’s safety while in use. Internet filters, where appropriate, are installed on devices for home use; however, web searches from home networks always require parent/guardian supervision.
- Cords or removable storage are to be inserted carefully into the device.
- In the event a device requires repair of any kind, it is to be returned to the CCSD#1 Technology Department (307-359-4099). At no point is a parent/guardian or student to attempt to repair the device.
- Costs for repairs required, outside of customary wear and tear, to the device may be at the expense of the parent/guardian or, in the event a device is checked out to an unaccompanied youth, the student.
- Cost may include labor, parts or a full device replacement.
- Intentional damage to the device will result in the parent/guardian or student being charged for the full replacement of the device.
- Devices are due back to CCSD#1 at the end of the school year.