Tuition Reimbursement Program
Converse County School District #1
Professional Development Incentive Program for Certified and Classified Staff
Converse County School District #1 commends your efforts by extending your professional studies. Some staff members may be eligible for tuition reimbursement awards which are limited to annual budget appropriations and may not exceed the funding pool. The Professional Development Incentive Program is administered according to the following guidelines. Reimbursement awards will be given out to support district goals, school goals and areas of potential needs in the district. If you have further questions, please contact the curriculum office at 358-2942.
- Courses and/or degree program must directly relate to the employee’s current position, support district and/or school improvement goals, or relate to reasonable promotional opportunity within CCSD#1. The employee’s immediate supervisor/principal must review and verify that the course(s) and/or program for which the employee is applying meet criteria. Their signature is required and verifies their support.
- Courses must be taken at an accredited institution or through an organization that is authorized by the certifying authority to provide such educational programs.
Tuition reimbursement is available to regular, benefit-based employees.
- All coursework and related homework must be done on the employee’s own time.
- Staff accepting the Professional Development Incentive will be required to continue district employment for 3 years following the completion of their program, or pay back a pro-rated portion of their award.
- Courses taken may be used for movement on the salary scale provided they are in accordance with certified and classified policies.
- Tuition reimbursements will be awarded at the following rates:
100% Staff members who were hired in a “high needs area” where the district could not find a certified quality applicant.
75% The principal/supervisor supports the applicant for the professional development incentive, or the applicant has the potential to fill a “high need” position or other urgent/emergency need as identified by current openings, position descriptions, or an identified “high needs area”. Reading endorsement or MA in the reading area.
30% The program of study or sequence of courses, supports district and/or improvement goals, supports possible personnel needs in the district.
School improvement goals or supports potential personnel needs in the district (i.e.: Master’s Degree Program in Education, content area endorsement).
- Tuition reimbursements will be reviewed and awarded on the following dates:
Spring and Summer: Due date Sept. 10th
Winter: Due date Jan. 10th
- Funds are limited to annual budget amounts. Total amount cap on funds requested for a Master Degree program will be $8000 per individual. (Based on the University of Wyoming’s current fee schedule.)
- District support of tuition reimbursements does not guarantee the award winner future reimbursement, employment or promotion.
11.. Personnel fulfilling full-time, paid internships are exempt from consideration of any tuition reimbursement.
- Exceptions regarding any of the aforementioned guidelines and procedures will be considered by the Superintendent of Schools. In the event a Professional Development Application is not approved for funding, an appeal may be made to the Superintendent of Schools.
Priority flowchart for tuition and fees reimbursement:
First Priority: Staff members who were hired in a “high needs area” where the district could not find a certified quality applicant.
Second Priority: The applicant has the potential to fill a “high need” position or other urgent/emergency need as identified by current openings, position descriptions, or an identified “high needs list”. Pursuit of a Reading endorsement or MA in the reading area.
Third Priority: Supports district and or improvement goals, supports possible personnel needs within the district.
Professional Development Incentive for Certified and Classified
Please complete this application form and return it to Toni with a copy of your course payment, and your grade for the completed class. Recipients and non-recipients will be notified by the curriculum office. (covers tuition and fees only)
Term/Semester Course Tuition and Fee Cost_____________________
Explain how your course is related to district, building or department goals. Also, how is it related to your school improvement plan (if applicable) or a department’s identified need? ______________________________________________________________________________
Explain how you will utilize your course of study to positively impact student achievement in our district.
Approval Signature _________________________________ ____________________________
Principal or Supervisor Signature Date
If an application does not have the following criteria attached or included in this form, it will be sent back to the staff member:
- Approval signature of a Supervisor to send forward to the tuition reimbursement committee
- Payment receipt for the course(s)
- Grade for the course(s) requesting tuition reimbursement
All courses must have been taken after the initial employment date at Converse County School District #1. The committee will only view courses taken during the Spring/Summer timeframe for the Sept 10th deadline of that current year. The committee will only view courses taken during the fall semester for the Jan. 10th deadline of that current year.