School and Parent Compact
Federal Title I funding requires district develop a school/parent compact. In Converse County School District #1, we believe
children learn best when families and schools work together to support the child’s education. The following compact clarifies what families and schools can do to help children learn. It reminds everyone of their responsibility in the learning process. We invite you to become involved in your child’s education.
As a school that believes every child can learn, we will:
- Respect and value the uniqueness of each child.
- Provide quality teaching and lessons that promote active learning.
- Communicate frequently with families on your child’s progress.
- Uphold high expectations of academic achievement and positive behavior.
- Demonstrate professional behavior and positive attitude.
- Provide a safe, nurturing environment.
As a family that believes our child can learn, we will:
- Make sure our child attends school regularly, is on time, and is prepared to learn.
- Encourage and assist our child to complete all homework assignments.
- Read with our child daily.
- Attend parent-teacher conferences and communicate frequently with our child’s teachers.
- Respect, love, and encourage my child’s growth and ideas.
- Volunteer at our child’s school whenever possible.
As a child that believes I can learn, I will:
- Come to school prepared and ready to learn.
- Always try to do my best in my work and behavior.
- Show respect for my school, others and myself.